ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Serve as a champion for quality by communicating, demonstrating and driving a culture of quality and safety at the hospital level to optimize medical care, client experience, associate engagement and hospital performance.
- Perform regular hospital visits and quality audits to ensure hospital compliance with industry, regulatory and Banfield quality standards while building associate veterinarian engagement.
- Develop, coach, and manage associate veterinarians on the technical and functional skills needed to be successful in their role and deliver outstanding, high quality medical care that aligns with our six domains of quality and supports the business by delivering on hospital performance expectations.
- In partnership with the Director of Veterinary Quality (DVQ), drive a successful and growing doctor team through recruiting, gathering referrals, assisting with interviews, and leading onboarding and training of new associate and locum veterinarians in their hospitals.
- Develop associate and lead veterinarians to coach new hires and deliver an exceptional onboarding and mentorship experience.
- Deliver on veterinary quality KPIs to support the hospital, market and practice OGSMs.
- Perform clinical skill and leadership competency development of associate and lead veterinarians to deliver high quality medical care and outstanding client service.
- In partnership with the Regional P&O Co-Pilot (POCP) and the DVQ, identify and develop future veterinary talent for leadership roles within the practice.
- Drive doctor engagement and retention efforts in partnership with DVQ, POCP and operations by implementing strategies to reduce turnover risk and provide consistent support at the hospital level. Support the engagement and retention of certified veterinary technicians (CVTs).
- Responsible for medical equipment inventory and functionality in assigned hospitals and manage requests for additional medical equipment in partnership with the DVQ and Regional Vice President of Veterinary Quality (VPVQ).
- Partner with the Practice Manager (PM) to manage medical equipment maintenance and calibration in accordance with practice and equipment supplier standards.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national veterinary organizations to cultivate relationships within the veterinary profession (i.e. regulatory boards, vendors, associations, and referral hospitals) to promote Banfield's brand reputation.
- Ensure hospital operations meet all local, state and federal regulatory requirements including but not limited to compliance with controlled substance management and radiation safety.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- We are looking for an experienced candidate who can lead both Greenville and Rocky Mount.
- Quality - The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal.
- Responsibility - As individuals, we demand total responsibility from ourselves; as associates, we support the responsibility of others.
- Mutuality - A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared benefit will endure.
- Efficiency - We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do only what we can do best.
- Freedom - We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free.
HIRING QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports
- Directing Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring and Staffing
- Communication Skills
- Managing and Measuring work
- Peer Relationships
- Drive for Results
- Ability to multi-task - Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Organizational ability - Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Surgical skills - Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Problem solving skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions. Commitment to continual learning.
- Mathematical ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software.
- Initiative - Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done; seeks out the most valuable work to do during times when the hospital faces low client demand.
- Integrity - Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Banfield Pet Hospitals. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly shares relevant information with others.
- Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence - Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to be confident around pets (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc.)
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position requires special hours including working weekends and evenings.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately high.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while at hospital.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, finger-hand-arm dexterity with the ability to reach and grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate medical equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Some travel required, to assist other area hospitals as well as for vendor visits and associate education.
- Banfield policies and protocols are not intended to supersede the associate's legal responsibilities and medical judgment. In the event of a conflict, applicable laws and regulations will control.
USDA: Accredited by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required.
- Veterinary license in good standing or eligibility for licensure with the applicable state veterinary board.
- 3 years experience in small animal medicine an d surgery practice.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.