Web Developer I (Front-End) - Manila, PH
Balsam International Limited is an innovative eCommerce retailer of home décor and other consumer products. Based in Silicon Valley, Balsam International Limited operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackyardOcean.com. The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International Limited is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company's success.
Balsam International Limited is looking for a Web Developer I who will be responsible for writing and editing code, assisting with sale changes and website updates, and working with our US-based management team to ensure an excellent and efficient experience for our online customers. The Web Developer I reports directly to our US-based Web Developer Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing e-Commerce sites.
- Building webpage and templates on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Wordpress, Volusion and Hybris.
- Slicing Photoshop files and coding these into html pages.
- Making systematic edits to HTML, CSS and JS codes based on a sample given.
- Create and Maintain data files in Excel, XML, JSON and possible database such as mysql.
- Understanding different processes and find ways to optimize and organize to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain FTP files and organize file structure with consistent file naming conventions as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in front-end technology.
- Routinely performs cross-browser/device testing of own work against specification to check for visual layout, functionality and performance.
- Perform functional, browser compatibility and page load testing.
- Create proper documentation and integration guide on all scripts and applications developed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in HTML, CSS, JavaScipt/JQuery/AngularJS.
- Proven excellence in building and maintaining webpage and templates in Wordpress and/or similar systems. Applicants should include 1-3 websites completed within the last year. Please only include a maximum of 3.
- Strong understanding in web application development and page optimization.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Willingness to double-check work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and website strategy is a plus!
- Fluency in written and spoken English as the management team is US-based.
- Willingness to learn new tools, coding languages, and software quickly and independently. Ideally, will have a track record in such endeavors.
- Ability to communicate well through a task, clarifying potential issues before they arise so they can be worked through effectively. Excellent communication skills are a must-have.
- Comfort working through a task via electronic means: online project management tools, email, Skype, and chat.
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
Nice To Have:
Programming & Languages Required:
- XML and API integration
- Advance level in HTML and CSS
Required Development Tools:
- Sublime or similar IDE
- Setting up macros in Microsoft Excel
- JAVA / JSP / JSTL
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Web Developer I is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in person meetings from time to time.
Back to top