Web Developer - Bacolod, PH
Balsam International Limited is an innovative eCommerce retailer of home décor and other consumer products. Based in Silicon Valley, Balsam International Limited operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackyardOcean.com. The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International Limited is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company's success.
Balsam International Limited is looking for a Web Developer who will be responsible for creating functionality and integrating plugins on an partner organization’s websites while keeping the content in sync for the different locales. This is a two month project with the potential for continued engagement thereafter.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in website management, maintenance, and on-going support.
- Coming up with a process to keep different local versions of websites in sync.
- Building applications and webpages on CMS’s, including Wordpress.
- Slicing Photoshop files and coding these into webpages.
- Research and development to improve platform functionality.
- Finding complex solutions to support business requirements.
- Integration of third party applications, such as a payment processing system, to existing platforms.
- Making systematic edits to HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP code based on a sample given.
- Understanding different processes and find ways to optimize and organize to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain FTP files and organize file structure with consistent file naming conventions as needed.
- Perform functional, browser compatibility, and page load optimization.
- Create proper documentation on all applications developed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve.
What you bring to the table:
- Has a minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in HTML, CSS, Javascipt/JQuery and other server side language like ASP, PHP, Java/JSP.
- Proven excellence in building and maintaining webpage in Wordpress and/or similar systems. Applicants should include 1-3 websites completed within the last year. Please only include a maximum of 3.
- Strong understanding in web application development and page optimization.
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Willingness to double-check work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as the management team is US-based.
- Willingness to learn new tools, coding languages, and software quickly and independently. Ideally, will have a track record in such endeavors.
- Ability to communicate well through a task, clarifying potential issues before they arise so they can be worked through effectively. Excellent communication skills are a must-have.
- Comfort working through a task via electronic means: online project management tools, email, Skype and chat.
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables.
What you must have:
Programming & Languages Required:
- API integration
- HTML and CSS
Required Development Tools:
- Sublime or similar IDE
- Setting up macros in Microsoft Excel
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Web Developer is a remote working position preferably in Bacolod City. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed.
Back to top