Warehouse Retail Associate
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented, fun individual to join our growing team. This individual must be detail-oriented, a great multi-tasker, and someone who “rolls up their sleeves” to take action and enjoys the retail environment. This is a hybrid role, consisting of one-third of the year as a Retail Associate and two-thirds of the year as a Warehouse Associate.
The Retail & Warehouse Associate will be responsible for a wide variety of retail and warehouse activities in our 24,000 ft2 facility. The Retail Associate role includes, but is not limited to, creating a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity, and one’s own personal sales. The Warehouse Associate role includes, but is not limited to, processing inbound shipments, testing and refurbishing returned inventory, and inventory management and control to ensure efficient daily operations in the warehouse. We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and selling skills.
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets.
- Communicate relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty.
- Assemble, test, repair, and inventory products.
- Manage and coordinate inbound shipments, the orderly stacking and placement of product, and data entry.
- Execute cycle counts, physical inventories and ensure the overall accuracy of the inventory stored within the facility.
- Take pride in the appearance of the facility; take necessary action to maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse and surrounding area.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse environment; 1+ year of retail experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Honest, enthusiastic and hard-working approach; willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Proactive mindset with proven ability to follow directions and work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility; willingness to perform other various duties as required
- Detail oriented nature and excellent problem solving skills; strong communication and teamwork skills
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Passion for exemplary service, extreme attention to detail, enthusiasm for Christmas
- Great sales skills; retail sales experience a strong plus
- Ability to utilize, leverage, and translate product training when interacting with customer and completing daily store operational tasks
- Proficiency with iPads
Physical requirements include:
- Regularly assemble and disassemble Christmas trees and other decorations
- Wrap and package trees into boxes/storage bags and assist in loading items into customers’ vehicles
- Regularly lift and or move items up to forty pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move items more than forty pounds with the help of other employees
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary and beyond, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Burlingame, CA (San Francisco Bay Area).
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Brand & Visual Merchandising Strategist
Jacob works with various teams across Balsam Brands to optimize websites during the busy holiday season. He works on corporate redesign and ensures the company's visual standard.
Back to top