Software QA Engineer - Manila, PH
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Software QA Engineer who will be responsible for doing functional testing and software automation. He/She must be a hardworking and trustworthy individual with a keen attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and proactive communication practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Testing of adaptive (desktop/tablet and mobile) e-Commerce sites on Hybris using SOLR for search and attribute-based filtering, plus all 3rd party integrations (payment gateway, tax, tag management, etc.)
- Maintaining and extending automated QA solutions to provide more coverage and help scale our organization.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on written specifications or mocks and prototypes.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities with developers and project stakeholders.
- Creating clearly written bugs including screenshots, videos, live site replication, cross-platform, browser, device information to enable quick duplication and resolution to issues.
- Creating a recording or user documentation of any functionalities for business user as needed.
- Performing thorough regression tests, white box & black box testing of the new and existing functionalities.
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaising with internal teams (e.g. Developers and Product Managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitoring debugging process and analysing performance testing results.
- Performing deployment to stage and production on Volusion projects.
- Investigating the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with the new testing tools and test strategies.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software QA Engineer, or SDET role.
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Knowledge of software QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies.
- Experience working closely with Development and Business teams.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Must have high proficiency of the English language. Excellent written English is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila.
Nice to have:
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Software QA Engineer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Judy designs many of the products and features that users experience at Balsam Brands. She uses her creativity to bring life and energy to beautiful products.
Back to top