Retail Assistant Manager - Stanford
The Retail Assistant Store Manager will help oversee the daily operations of a new Balsam Hill showroom at the Stanford Shopping Center to help ensure our customers experience the magic of Balsam Hill in an inspired holiday setting. You will assist the Store Manager in creating a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity, and achieves sales targets.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets.
- Help develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive the business and exceed customer expectations.
- Communicates relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty.
- Ensuring timely execution of merchandising plans and displaying promotional signage and materials.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all Sales Associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Hold team accountable for uploading brand values, standards and policies.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including, workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention.
What you bring to the table:
- Exemplary customer service and selling skills; experience managing retail store operations.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational skills, conflict management and resolution skills.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of Associate degree.
- During peak season (November and December), availability to work a minimum of two Saturdays and two Sundays per month.
- Honest, enthusiastic and hard-working, flexible to perform other duties as required.
- We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: 660 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA
Notes: This is a part-time/full-time, temporary position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a resume and brief cover letter describing your interest.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status,citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top