Recruiting Strategist - Boise
Balsam Brands is looking for a passionate, dynamic recruiter to join, and help build, our growing and dynamic team.
As Recruiting Strategist located in Boise, you will drive Balsam recruiting processes from end-to-end. You will learn from and work within our dynamic Recruiting Team to understand and execute the nuts and bolts of Balsam’s recruiting processes. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with hiring managers and interviewers to deliver a candidate experience which reflects our unique Balsam culture. You will find and identify the talent that will join Balsam, while always striving to improve our recruiting processes, our candidate experience, and our employer brand. You will serve as a key player in shaping the Balsam Brands culture as we move forward.
The Recruiting Strategist will report to our Recruiting Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Flawlessly executing Balsam Brands’ hiring strategy as a full-cycle recruiter
- Providing smooth and professional experience for all candidates that reflects the Balsam culture
- Serving as Balsam Brands' recruiting ambassador in Boise
- Organizing our interview process, which includes:
- Collaborating with Hiring Managers and interviewers across Balsam offices
- Sourcing, reviewing resumes, screening and scheduling interviews for qualified candidates
- Conducting phone and in-person interviews
- Writing interview questions
- Facilitating interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers
- Making travel arrangements for candidates
- Conducting reference checks, as needed
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with partners at nationwide colleges and universities, staffing/recruiting agencies, labor departments, and other organizations
- Planning and executing local undergraduate recruiting events
- Working within and constantly improving our Applicant Tracking System (SmartRecruiters)
- Gathering and analyzing recruiting data
- Thinking out of the box to improve the Balsam employer brand and recruiting processes
- Other tasks and projects, as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of recruiting experience
- Experience hiring for a variety of levels in a fast-growing company a plus
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, especially SmartRecruiters
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once; strong prioritization skills
- Well organized, with detail-oriented
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and recruiting landscape
- Knowledge of employment law and recruiting best practices
Travel: Role entails some travel to Redwood City headquarters (estimated once per quarter) and to university-based recruiting events
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status,citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top