Operations Data Analyst - Manila, PH
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading websites such as www.BalsamHill.com and www.BackyardOcean.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International Limited is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam Brands is looking for an Operations Data Analyst to pull, organize and analyze data for the Customer Service group. He/She must have a passion for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into actionable business decisions that will positively impact Balsam Brands. He/She is accountable for checking and reconciling all the data culled from various sites and across brands and producing reports to reflect varying levels of detail.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring all reports are processed as required in a timely manner.
- Checking accuracy of all reports.
- Reviewing, troubleshooting and if needed, reporting inaccuracies in the reports.
- Following routine procedures and systematically working through various file management system.
- Primary duties will focus on optimizing systems and processes, creating systems and/or tools for data and performance tracking.
- Creating workforce management reports from forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning.
- Assisting with several cross-functional departments, but work mainly with the Operations and Customer Service teams.
What you bring to the table:
- Highly skilled in MS Excel - must have knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience with operations, logistics, fulfillment or distribution is a plus but not required.
- Must have inquisitive and analytical mind.
- Ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, think creatively and have fun while working as part of the team.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Proactive communication and the ability to convey information effectively and appropriately for the needs of the audience (ask questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Possesses strong process skills with particular attention to detail.
- Eagerness to take initiative (self-starter) and perform above expectations.
- Positive attitude with a high level of interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, Skype, IM).
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to guidelines.
- Must be a fast learner, and will be required to work independently.
- Experience with an e-Commerce company and/or cloud computing is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working remotely is a plus.
What you must have:
- A back-up laptop, or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- A DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection with a minimum actual (not subscribed) speed of 2MBPS (Proof of subscription will be required).
- A back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary internet connection becomes spotty.
- Willingness to work graveyard, morning or mid-shift.
Status: This is a contractual, home-based position that requires 8 hours of full-time, dedicated work daily, five days a week. If performance is up to standard, the contract will be effective until January 27, 2017.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California and Ireland, with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Operations Data Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings, monthly in-person meetings and occasional trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2MBPS internet connection speed and a working, dedicated laptop for exclusive work use. Company representatives around various locations visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Back to top