Merchandise Coordinator / Assistant Merchant
As Merchandise Coordinator / Assistant Merchant, you will work closely with our Holiday and Home Décor Merchants. You will support the team in several ways, including helping to manage the line lists, New Product Introduction (NPI) documents, and samples for product development and photo for our flagship brand, Balsam Hill. You will be an active participant in both internal functional and external vendor meetings. You will learn the ropes of buying and merchandising in this role, which can serve as your first step in, hopefully, a long career in buying/merchandising!
Our ideal candidate thrives within a fast-pasted, evolving environment and is passionate about product, specifically home and holiday décor.
The Merchandise Coordinator / Assistant Merchant will report to the Holiday Décor Merchant.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and execute activities between external vendors and internal departments to meet projected performance and delivery requirements
- Manage deadlines and project requests from cross-functional partners and internal team
- Own the assortment list and all NPI documents, ensuring all data is accurate
- Assist in quarterly competitive analysis
- Gather, disseminate, and communicate catalog spread and product performance
- Proof and approve catalog and website proofs; website testing as required
- Support catalog pagination processes; maintain the Catalog Photo Shoot Spread Ready document
- Manage all photo sample needs: ordering, tracking, and prepping all samples for the shoot
- Own New Product Introduction (NPI) document updates and enhancements; coordinate dissemination to suppliers
- Provide the NPI Project Manager with completed Product Information (PI) forms and updates
- Input, proof, and manage data for all areas of Merchandising / Product Development
- Develop comprehensive expertise in décor assortment, covering SKUs and programs both in the market and in development
- Coordinate samples and create boards for seasonal style-out meetings and photo shoots
- Create tracking system and manage photo shot lists for seasonal productions
- Work with external vendors on all sample requests and tracking
- Prepare and maintain documentation around seasonal assortment plans, product details, target costs, retail prices, and estimated margins
- Coordinate with vendors to provide quantity requirements and delivery / lead time estimates to Inventory Planning
Other administrative duties, including, but not limited to:
- General printing and file management as needed
- Assist with 2018 Product Development Specification / Product Development
- Assist with weekly sales reports
You’ll be successful if you:
- Show extreme flexibility, are entrepreneurial, and readily adopt the “startup” mentality
- Demonstrate an interest in design and staying on top of trends
- Work well independently and are self-motivated
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members at all levels, external partners and customers.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company
- Actively prioritize and manage across multiple calendars and deadlines
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with and interest in developing analytical skills and retail math
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong email management skills, especially as it relates to aggregating content from external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, deadline driven, and results oriented
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary and beyond, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant or type of food.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Judy designs many of the products and features that users experience at Balsam Brands. She uses her creativity to bring life and energy to beautiful products.
Back to top