Jr. Talent Acquisition Specialist - Manila, PH
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Talent Acquisition Specialist who will be responsible for supporting all recruitment efforts for the Manila team. He/She will be managing all initiatives related to talent acquisition including building relationships with potential sourcing partners, tracking data to provide meaningful analytics, maintaining a high quality candidate pool for all posts and elevating the over-all recruitment experience. Our ideal candidate must be smart, highly organized, reliable, can think out-of-the-box, must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and is great with people.
What you'll be doing:
- Facilitate recruitment process from defining skill needs, creating hiring forms, job descriptions to building the talent pool and filtering quality candidates.
- Evaluate and screen potential quality hires, and assist them through the interview and hiring process.
- Assist in developing new recruiting strategies using current and emerging source channels.
- Build relationships with agencies, professional associations and other potential sourcing partners.
- Educate and guide the hiring team all throughout the recruitment process.
- Identifying pain points in recruitment and executing steps to address said gaps.
- Track and report recruitment data on a regular basis.
- All other analogous tasks, as requested.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution.
- Recruiting experience using various channels including use of ATS is a plus.
- Background in human resource and/or administrative support is an advantage.
- Above average computer skills, including the use of Office suites (word processors, email clients, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Excel (Assessment will be conducted).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate to individuals on all levels.
- Well-developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and learner’s mindset (asks questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.).
- Ability to independently figure out problems that arise before seeking out help.
- Capacity to adapt to changing environments, directions and priorities.
- Capability to work independently and with a team.
- Exceptional work ethics.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Talent Acquisition Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Judy designs many of the products and features that users experience at Balsam Brands. She uses her creativity to bring life and energy to beautiful products.
Back to top