Human Resource Associate - Manila, PH
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Human Resource Associate who will be responsible for helping elevate the over-all employee experience by making sure that the full suite of Human Resource tasks are handled in a timely and outstanding manner. He/She must be a hard-working and trustworthy individual with a high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail, high standard of organization, excellent time management skills, and proactive communication. He/She should exhibit the ability to ensure the confidentiality and security of all employee/company files and information.
What you'll be doing:
- RECRUITMENT AND STAFFING:
- Reviews various hiring documents.
- Assists in activating job ads and administration of various job posting sites.
- Assists in sourcing of candidates and screening applications.
- Provides schedules and administers assessments to candidates.
- Conducts initial interviews to potential candidates.
- Provides interview schedules to Manila-based and US-based teams.
- HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION:
- Provides general administrative support.
- Prepares source documentation needed for new hires (statutories, on-boarding, etc.)
- Maintains and updates employee and company records regularly.
- Manages and ensures the confidentiality and security of all company information and files.
- Responds to various HR-related queries from managers and employees, and from our US-based management team.
- Assists with the day-to-day efficient operations of HR Team.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT:
- Assists in research and coordination with partners and vendors for employee engagement initiatives (Team Events, Employee Programs, etc.)
- Assists in driving employee engagement initiatives (coordinates with team members regarding schedules, reminders, etc.)
- Generation of reports related to HR, including but not limited to payroll, recruitment analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Performs ad hoc tasks related to the responsibilities above.
- Graduate of any 4-year course.
- One (1) year HR background is a plus.
- Must have high level of organizational skills and accuracy.
- Capability in handling multiple high-priority projects and tasks.
- Ability to work alone and with a team.
- Must be helpful, approachable and team oriented.
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with the HR Team and the rest of the Team Manila members.
- Must be accountable and take initiatives. He/She takes ownership of his/her work, does what is needed without being asked, or without the need for follow up.
- Displays a learner’s attitude and very trainable (asks questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Communicates proactively.
- Possesses strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skill with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Independently identifies and resolves problems that arise but escalates when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Comfortable in using applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to digest and present information in various formats (charts, forms, graphs, tables and spreadsheets)
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Human Resource Associate is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Brand & Visual Merchandising Strategist
Jacob works with various teams across Balsam Brands to optimize websites during the busy holiday season. He works on corporate redesign and ensures the company's visual standard.
Back to top