General Manager - Ireland
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented, fun individual to join our growing team. This individual must be detail-oriented, a great multi-tasker, and someone who “rolls up their sleeves” to take action. This person must also have experience managing others and the ability to effectively communicate with their colleagues. This position will be critical in overseeing Balsam Brands’ Dublin office and shaping operations outside of the USA.
The General Manager will be assisted in the performance of these duties by the group’s management team. He/she will likely meet weekly and in other routine meetings with the group’s leadership team, cross functional team, and others to support oversight role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversight of the following functions for non-USA: Inventory Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Logistics, Finance
- Oversight of the Dublin office, including formal and informal arrangements to support local and international (i.e. Philippines branch activities) functionality and operations (i.e., office space lease, employment contracts, payroll processing arrangements, etc.)
- Formally reports to Balsam International’s Board of Directors
- Primary weekly/monthly activities would be the following:
- Determines and approves inventory assortment and purchases for worldwide operations
- Reviews and approves network of international vendors and agents o Oversees inventory vendor agreements and related documents (i.e., certificates of insurance) for all relationships outside the US
- Oversees relationships with freight forwarders, carriers, etc. for all shipments from vendors outside the US
- Manages purchase order fulfillment for non-US vendors o Establishes and manages relationships will all non-US warehouses
- Oversees accurate and timely collection of cash on all non-US sales, including related reconciliations
- Oversees the accurate and timely filing of VAT, GST, etc. filings for all non-US sales, including proper registration in those countries in which Balsam is required to register and manage third party relationships
- Establishes and manages relationships with all non-US customer service centers; ensures a high-level of customer service is provided to Balsam's non-US customers, including warranty-related matters
- Oversees the cash position, financial performance, treasury function, etc. of the non-US entities; oversees the accurate and timely preparation and submission of financial information as required by foreign taxing authorities, governments, etc
- Determines proper staffing and performance of personnel of the Dublin office
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field
- 10 - 15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the retail/ecommerce industry a plus
- Experience with multinational business entities a plus
- Deep working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams located in the multiple jurisdictions, which in the present situation will be principally in Ireland and the Philippines.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The company has been the recipient of multiple awards, including:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Notes: This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top