Financial Planning Manager
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented individual to join our growing team! As Financial Planning Manager, you will provide partnership and leadership in the areas of financial planning, forecasting, and analysis. This finance guru will develop, refine, and expand processes that include budgeting, cost-benefit analysis, economic and financial feasibility studies, risk evaluation and management, and financial guideline discipline across all of Balsam Brands.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves teamwork, pays attention to the details, can tease-out important observations from large amounts of data, and maintains a balance between “being in the weeds” and “working at 30,000 feet.” S/he manages competing priorities with a positive attitude, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and is both a creative leader and makes things happen in the trenches!
The Financial Planning Manager will report to our Executive Vice President of Finance.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective planning and analysis processes to support and inform strategic decisions, establish goals, and the measurement of company performance.
- Define the cadence, tools, and outputs of the company’s routine planning and forecasting process and work closely with cross functional partners in its execution.
- Build, maintain, and own a comprehensive and detailed financial model of the company’s historical and projected performance (e.g., P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows) and related financial metrics.
- Analyze and recommend system and reporting enhancements that improve overall business intelligence.
- Monitor and measure company performance through variance analyses, revenue and cost trends and drivers, and product/project profitability.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends – historical and forecasted – using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications. Coordinate the capital spending review process for the company.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to manage and control financial results, identifying areas of growth potential and operating efficiency.
- Be accretive to the Balsam Brands’ culture and help make this a place where employees love their jobs.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate financial planning and analysis, especially with exposure to multiple business units and international operations.
- Demonstrated history of developing and improving budgeting, forecasting, and analytical processes.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in sophisticated financial modeling, analysis, and problem solving.
- Competency in analyzing large amounts of data and drawing insightful conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and exceptional MS Excel skills.
- SQL and database query experience preferred.
- Creative problem solver.
- Outstanding and authentic collaboration skills and care for the teams and people with whom you work.
- Experience in e-commerce retail preferred.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top