eCommerce Product Manager
Balsam Brands is seeking an experienced product manager to serve as product lead for our eCommerce webstores, including www.balsamhill.com. You will play a critical role in discovering and delivering on our eCommerce platform capabilities and in selecting and onboarding additional tools that enhance the customer experience and our business processes. You will be a leader on our Agile team, grooming the backlog, drafting requirements, and performing product owner review.
This position is based at our office in Boise, ID, and reports to the Director of eCommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Act as product owner, maintaining a well-groomed backlog and collaborating with cross-functional teams to prioritize features and bugs. Actively manage expectations by communicating about statuses and timelines.
- Establish product management as a function within Balsam Brands. Create and refine workflows and documentation. Educate internal partners on our development cycle and the role of product management within it.
- Participate in our Agile framework by building out epics, authoring user stories, and capturing bugs.
- Become an SAP Commerce platform expert, building a deep understanding of the capabilities of this tool and our implementation. Plan and participate in the upgrade cycle, understanding the value, risk, and level of effort associated with different versions and leveraging their capabilities.
- Partner with business stakeholders, UX, and our technical team to help build out a multi-year roadmap for SAP Commerce webstore development. Research and select features that support business and user needs. Develop timelines that account for dependencies and resources.
- Anticipate the impact of functionality changes on business users and account for this in requirements to development. Partner with the business to update, document, and train on new business processes as needed.
- Support existing third party tools (PIM, DAM) and select and onboard new ones. Evaluate providers against requirements, select the best solution, negotiate contracts, and manage ongoing vendor relationships.
- Support other efforts/initiatives as needed.
You’ll be successful if:
- You have an unrelenting desire to understand how things work
- You love to learn about the techniques and technologies that drive great eCommerce sites
- You might have studied engineering — and if not, you can still follow along in a technical discussion
- You enjoy mapping systems, diagramming flows, and identifying key scenarios
- You enjoy coming up with creative solutions to difficult challenges
- You possess the ability to dive into feature tradeoffs based on engineering constraints one hour, and then eloquently describe the business benefits of those features the next hour
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of full-time work experience and 3+ years of full-time experience in product management for a B2C ecommerce site
- Experience working with front-end and back-end development teams
- Experience writing user stories in support of the Agile development process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent project-management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while supporting several parallel projects simultaneously
- Experience with SAP Commerce or NetSuite a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering/computer science a plus; Graduate degree or MBA a plus
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
See Inside the Office of Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is an e-commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. The company's bread and butter—or rather milk and cookies—are stunningly realistic, handcrafted, artificial Christmas trees. To further enhance homes for the holidays, Balsam Brands also designs and sells high-quality Christmas decorations, and it's always looking for new ways to create a festive and beautiful atmosphere for all types of celebrations.
Back to top