eCommerce Data Strategist - Redwood City, CA
As eCommerce Data Strategist, you will join Balsam Brands’ talented eCommerce Team as the point person for most of our data management tools. You will gather and maintain product and category data in our tools to ensure integrity and accuracy. In addition, you will manage the process for introducing new products to the site, ensuring on-time, quality launches.
A successful candidate will be an amazing data organizer and problem solver, love eCommerce tools, enjoy working with cross-functional teams, and have exceptional structured thinking abilities.
The eCommerce Data Strategist will report to the NPI Project Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of product data and product documentation, ensuring product catalogs are up to date in our data management tools (PIM, CMS, etc.) and verifying product information accuracy on our websites
- Build relationships and collaborate with 3rd party partners who administer our data management tools
- Work with and train the Regional eCommerce Team to gather and enter the product data that will drive our eCommerce website, and support new product introduction
- Work with Website Managers to define and maintain the product taxonomy (classification) and facilitate eCommerce merchandising efforts through data management
- Develop processes to maintain the regional sales catalogs and product information in PIM; this includes changes to existing items and item additions, as well as changes to PIM structure to accommodate new regions or brands
- Oversee and organize all aspects of on-boarding new products, including coordinating the Photo, Content, SEO, and eCommerce team
- Map and maintain accurate project timelines
- Other duties as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 years of experience in a B2C (preferred) or B2B eCommerce company
- 1-2 years of experience using eCommerce data management tools
- Bachelor’s degree with a Business, Marketing or Technology background
- Extraordinary ability to actively organize data; understands importance of data accuracy; structured thinking and problem solving
- Passion for tools, processes and data organization
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative contributor who can work independently with little supervision
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The company has been the recipient of multiple awards, including:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant or type of food.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top