eCommerce Content QA Specialist - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a talented and driven individual to join our eCommerce team. The eCommerce Content QA Specialist will be essential in maintaining and improving the front-end user experience across our portfolio of eCommerce websites. This person must have a passion for taking initiative, collaborating across multiple geos, high attention to detail and ensuring the end user experience is clear and well executed. You will support the site management team in executing site audits, quality checking deliverables and assisting with testing across several eCommerce-related projects. The eCommerce Content QA Specialist will act as a key team lead in working with cross-functional teams, both in the Philippines and overseas.
To be successful, you must be a fast learner and able to work well independently. You will oversee multiple projects at once, maintain a big-picture mindset while paying close attention to details, think creatively, and have fun while working! Our ideal candidate is someone motivated by challenges and is both a leader and a doer – someone who gets energized by both setting direction and making things happen in the trenches.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with business leads to support successful implementation of customer-facing changes throughout multiple web properties across multiple platforms; ensuring website content is accurate, relevant and clear across multiple device types
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the product on-boarding (NPI) process; supporting process execution across multiple teams and systems that supports the overall digital product assortment
- QA key content regions throughout several web properties including product categorization, taxonomy, internal search, product content, images, sale changes and general ongoing content optimization updates
- Conduct routine site audits and QA to make sure website is working as expected across multiple devices and top traffic platforms
- Support definition of Lead User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for new system functionalities, upgrades, migrations and major feature rollouts
- Define QA process for team, in partnership with multiple geos, and execute quality checks of eCommerce deliverables before sending to business stakeholders for approval for production
- Gain a deep understanding of nuances between systems, lower environments and web properties in order to gain meaningful context to aid in the QA process
- Support broader eCommerce team in creating process documentation and defining clear steps for repeatable work that will aid in ensuring quality implementation. Support training in these areas for new team members
- Support team leads in the organization and maintenance of data across various systems, as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with ability to appropriately self-prioritize work
- Strong project management, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed with tools and processes with an aptitude for identifying and spearheading integration opportunities not yet realized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in fluent English
- Eagerness to take initiative and consistently exceed expectations with a positive attitude
- Fast learner with willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic SEO knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business
- Minimum three-years’ experience in eCommerce, or similar, position
- Experience with CMS, PIM and/or DAM platforms required
- Experience in project management platforms, such as JIRA or Trello, a plus
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The eCommerce Content QA Specialist is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top