Customer Data Analyst - Boise, ID
Are you a database guru who is passionate about data and thrives on data-driven decision-making? Do you want to create great customer experiences by better understanding customer behavior? Can you learn and adapt in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment?
Reporting to our Director of CRM and Database Marketing, the Customer Data Analyst will uncover data-driven insights from our customers’ behaviors and help to build our best-in-class customer data warehouse. You will extract and manipulate data, help develop and test customer segments, and help optimize our CRM marketing programs. You will be a key player in helping the entire organization understand the customer data we have and how we can leverage this data in support of personalized customer communication and shopping experience.
As Customer Data Analyst, you will also get to collaborate on in-depth cross-functional projects which will have a direct impact on Balsam Brands’ business. One day you might partner with our eCommerce team to see how customer data could help drive better onsite personalization; the next day you might work with our marketing partners to learn what data is collected, and how it can tie into CRM.
You will join and contribute to our unique culture of teamwork, collaboration, and fun, while helping clean out the fridge when need be!
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with our Data Team to define the data structure for new data sources
- Plan and develop integrations with new data sources
- Be the internal expert on customer data sources, quality, exceptions
- Build data integrity and hygiene processes for customer data
- Help develop and analyze customer segments to identify actionable marketing insights that optimize engagement and retention within segments
- Perform ad hoc analysis and create reports using querying and scripting languages
- Effectively communicate and document technical analyses and results
- Partner with other teams on numerous cross-functional data projects
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences/Data Engineering or related field (Graduate Degree, a bonus)
- 1-4 years of experience in data management or customer insights role
- Experience working with large datasets, including proficiency in extracting relational data (SQL) and data manipulation via scripting languages (R, Python, etc.)
- A passion for drawing insights from data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- Experience in eCommerce retail preferred
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Internet Retailer: Top 500 Retail Websites (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status,citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top