Content Marketing Strategist
As our Content Marketing Strategist, you will play an integral part of implementing content marketing strategies for multiple online brands. You will work closely with the SEO, Social Media, Design, and Product Sourcing Teams to create brand-appropriate, customer-friendly copy. You will also get the opportunity to work internationally with our dynamic content team located in the Philippines!
A successful candidate will have a passion for crafting engaging copy with an eye for the customer experience. We’re looking for a creative thinker, expert editor, motivated team player, and multi-tasker to join our team of talented, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with online marketing teams to execute content marketing strategies
- Develop and create content for a variety of digital channels including websites, blogs, online promotions, email, and other digital properties
- Research, write, and edit original SEO content to support increased brand awareness and relevance in the market
- Repurpose and optimize existing content for digital channels
- Support content promotion through various formats including video, graphics, and other engaging mediums
- Write and edit product promotional copy that keeps the customer in mind, ranging from product descriptions and blog posts to outreach emails, catalog descriptions, and assembly guides
- Cross-check facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, and “voice” of content
- Develop a content marketing calendar for multiple online brands
- Coordinate with colleagues (domestic and overseas) to ensure cross-functional goals are met
- Mentor overseas writing staff to help individual employees meet quality metrics
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Advertising preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience writing and editing copy for the web; experience in eCommerce copywriting for a strong retail brand is highly preferred
- Experience writing and publishing on WordPress
- Self-starter with demonstrated history of teamwork and strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priority, disparate tasks and meet deadlines and quality metrics
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary and beyond, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Include your favorite restaurant in your cover letter!
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Brand & Visual Merchandising Strategist
Jacob works with various teams across Balsam Brands to optimize websites during the busy holiday season. He works on corporate redesign and ensures the company's visual standard.
Back to top