Content Editor - Manila, PH
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for Content Editors who will communicate daily with our US-based teams and play a key role in maintaining the quality of the written content on our e-Commerce websites. They will be responsible for editing and providing feedback on the work of the writing team.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee a team of writers to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Edit product descriptions, articles, blog posts, and marketing materials according to the company's style guide, SEO keywords, and other parameters.
- Enforce company writing standards for writers. Provide regular feedback to ensure standards are met.
- Implement specialized assignments under the supervision of functional leads and the Content Manager.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 years of editing experience for a print or online production.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (social, long-form, blog posts, etc.)
- A passion for writing and editing. You should be able to write and edit engaging and informative articles on a variety of subjects. Note that you may be required to occasionally write articles or blog posts.
- Excellent command of the English language. A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communication is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Understand basic SEO practices, such as link development and keyword research and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Word and Wordpress, basic Excel applications and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have a fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in e-Commerce copywriting/editing is an advantage.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Editor is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Judy designs many of the products and features that users experience at Balsam Brands. She uses her creativity to bring life and energy to beautiful products.
Back to top