Assistant Retail Store Manager
Balsam Brands is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to assist the Store Manager with running our seasonal showroom and retail store. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help ensure our customers experience the magic of Balsam Hill in an inspired holiday setting.
The Assistant Store Manager will work with the Store Manager to create a positive work environment that ensures customer satisfaction, maximized productivity, and their sales. From assisting in managing store associates to operations, inventory management, merchandising and customer engagement, the Assistant Store Manager will help oversee the daily operations of our Burlingame Retail Store. We are especially excited about candidates who have a proven track record of retail success and creating customer-centric shopping experiences!
What you’ll do:
- Assist with daily store operations and profitability by achieving sales and operating targets.
- Help develop and inspire a top-performing store team who drive the business and exceed customer expectations.
- Hold team accountable for upholding brand values, standards and policies during Management on Duty (MOD) shifts.
- Communicates relevant customer feedback to Store Manager to help develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service and selling skills.
- Ensuring timely execution of short and long term retail strategy and action plans, including implementing merchandising plans and displaying promotional signage and materials.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including, workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for exemplary service, extreme attention to detail, enthusiasm for Christmas.
- Experience managing retail store operations with a proven retail sales record.
- Honest, enthusiastic and hard-working, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and able to perform other various duties as required.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 25 lb. , while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary and beyond, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Burlingame, CA.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter your favorite retail store and why.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Brand & Visual Merchandising Strategist
Jacob works with various teams across Balsam Brands to optimize websites during the busy holiday season. He works on corporate redesign and ensures the company's visual standard.
Back to top