Assistant Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a talented, fun individual to join our unique culture of teamwork, collaboration, and fun! As a Balsam Brands Assistant Office Manager / Administrative Assistant, you will provide important administrative support to help the office run efficiently. You will assist with a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, including managing Microsoft Outlook calendars on a regular basis and scheduling meetings with internal and external partners.
We are looking for someone who is extremely detail oriented and a great multi-tasker. Communication skills, both written and verbal, are paramount. You will assist individuals throughout many parts of the organization, and will be a critical part of the team. You will be the “go-to” person for any office needs, and will wear many hats while providing assistance across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Calendaring, travel, correspondence, scanning, printing, and photocopying
- Process outgoing shipments and handling of incoming mail and packages
- Production and editing of internal meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations
- Work with various teleconference tools
- Set up employees with office keys and parking permits
- Point person with facilities contractors for repairs/replacement of office supplies, etc.
- Manage office equipment and supplies
- Oversee vendor relationships and service providers, including corporate phone account
- General office organization and tidiness including management of the office kitchen and common spaces
- Other duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, and faxing
- Assistance with other projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 1 year work experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to accept additional responsibilities and assist others as needed
- Note: “actual” magic skills are great but not necessary
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary and beyond, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Balsam Brands's Employees
Brand & Visual Merchandising Strategist
Jacob works with various teams across Balsam Brands to optimize websites during the busy holiday season. He works on corporate redesign and ensures the company's visual standard.
Back to top