Washington, DC State & Local Tax (SALT) Market Leader
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are seeking a Washington, DC SALT Market Leader to join our Tysons, Virginia office.
- Take ownership of and lead our Washington, DC SALT practice expansion initiative
- Leader must be a highly respected SALT professional in the marketplace who preferably has existing relationships with tax executive decision makers in the real estate, technology, private equity, manufacturing, distribution and/or retail industries
- Applicant must have intimate knowledge of the Washington, DC SALT marketplace and proven business development capabilities
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with partners, directors and senior managers on proposals and business development initiatives that include SALT components
- Candidate will be hire, manage, develop, train and mentor Washington, DC SALT team members on projects and assess their performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Applicant will consult, work with, service, and make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a value added business advisor to clients
- Must have the ability to plan, execute, direct, and complete SALT in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Must maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise, comply with continuing education requirements; be a leader in appropriate professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required
- At least 6 to 10 years of progressive SALT consulting and compliance experience in public accounting
- Proven ability of building profitable long-term client relationships
- Proven ability of managing numerous engagement teams on multiple client projects
- Expertise in state corporate and pass-through nexus determinations, sales sourcing, withholding provisions and multi-state income tax planning, and sales and use tax required
- Broad exposure to Credits and Incentives, unclaimed property, and Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
Back to top