Trust and Estate Tax Manager/Senior Manager
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide high quality tax planning and consulting to our firm's high net-worth clients for estate, trust, and individual income taxes. Interact closely with client's third party advisors such as attorneys and financial asset managers. This includes complex multi-state tax returns and calculations and review of foreign trust forms.
- Review individual, trust, gift, and estate returns
- Research and consult on tax matters, primarily in the federal estate, gift, generation skipping, trust, charitable planning, and individual areas
- Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on succession planning transactions for a wide range of tax issues
- Manage and review responses to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when required
- Actively participate in new business development activities. Maintain primary and ongoing relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources
- Build and sustain client relationships to identify needs and reinforce value. Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm.
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the team to provide superior client service
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent. MST, LLM, or other applicable advanced degree is a plus.
- CPA and/or JD required
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a public accounting, consulting, or law firm providing tax compliance and tax consulting services
- Significant experience reviewing individual, trust, gift, and estate returns is required
- Relevant professional experience in expatriate tax and/or international tax filing review ideal but not required
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking skills, and management skills
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Back to top