Transformation Project Lead/Manager
Baker Tilly’s principles of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. With offices consistently earning ‘best place to work’ honors and as a top-ranked firm, Baker Tilly recognizes that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future. Based on the growth we are planning, Baker Tilly is actively recruiting bright, talented individuals who have a passion to succeed.
Due to the continued growth of our consulting practice, we are currently recruiting for a Transformation Project Lead/Manager to join our Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI offices. As a part of Baker Tilly Consulting, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s most important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Lead functional and solution design aligning business objectives with technology implementation
- Manage application development team members through the lifecycle of a project. Create and facilitate solution architecture designs and provide the overall management of the process.
- Manage forecasting, negotiating and tracking project costs/budgeting throughout the application development project lifecycle.
- Manage business transformation projects in various industries which include business process changes and technology implementation over the entire lifecycle of a project
- Act as the liaison among the executive committee members, stakeholders, and development team
- Manage project team members through the lifecycle of a project. Create and facilitate solution architecture designs and provide the overall management of the process.
- Identify project risks and communicate with appropriately with project stakeholders to avoid and mitigate potential issues
- Develop, manage, and be able to communicate long term road-maps which describe delivering large scale solutions via a series of projects.
- Manage third party vendor relationships to resource specific development needs
- Manage and execute test plan activities
- Create functional and conceptual technical deliverables as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience; previous related consulting experience highly preferred; a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities highly preferred.
- Previous “hands on” system implementation project experience is highly preferred, for example, experience with SQL scripting, relational database design, report authoring, business rules development, analytical software development, etc.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Ability to decompose scope into detailed activities and deliverables, then conduct work package handoff to delivery resources from Baker Tilly, client team, and third party vendors
- Project experience with full lifecycle application development (e.g. requirements gathering, use case development, system analysis and design, integration, testing, deployment)
Back to top