We are currently searching for a Senior Manager to join our Transaction Advisory Service team in the CFO Advisory practice. Our practice provides transaction advisory and due diligence, CFO Advisory, and business valuation services. Our client base is broad ranging from emerging growth companies to recognizable public companies and strategic to financial buyers. We serve a wide variety of industries including government contracting, software and technology, biotechnology, business services, manufacturing, energy, real estate, hospitality and retail, emerging growth, and private equity to name a few.
The Office of the CFO (OCFO) is faced with a complex mix of duties from traditional accounting, finance and treasury functions to mergers and acquisitions, partnerships/JVs, regulatory compliance and company risk management. These complex and divergent requirements often drive the need to obtain support from highly qualified accountants and advisors to provide support when the OCFO needs it most. Baker Tilly delivers solutions to such clients in certain key areas such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financial due diligence and transaction advisory
- Fair value and valuation matters
- Project based accounting support Save
- Financial restatements
- Audit readiness support
- Carve-outs and divestitures
- Performance and business process improvement
- Financial planning & analysis
- M&A integration
- Technical accounting assistance
- Interim management assistance
Our goal is to solve problems or make improvements that will free the organization up so that they can focus on growing and improving their overall business.
This practice area has professionals with multi-disciplines and experiences that are drawn upon to assist our clients with very practical and hands-on support. We have senior team members that have served as Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, financial statement auditors, and financial analysts that are all highly credentialed. It is a high performing team that enjoys learning from one another and serving our clients.
Your immediate responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and oversee engagement teams on client projects
- Supervise, develop and train staff on engagements. Evaluate performance and participate in individual's performance appraisal process
- Interact directly with senior managers and partners on matters related to client and engagement management
- Strengthen existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by providing outstanding client service
- Communicate with business owners, executive management, investors, lenders and other sophisticated parties to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- Eight (8+) years' experience in a large accounting firm in audit, financial advisory or transaction service lines
- Five (5)+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Relevant bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- High motivation, initiative and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities appropriately
- Intermediate modeling and excel skills, experience conducting complex quantitative
and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
- Ability to work autonomously, to meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast paced
environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, experience presenting analyses to
management and ability to lead and drive initiatives
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.