Technology Consulting Manager, TM1/Cognos
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 141 countries, with 28,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.8 billion.
Due to the continued growth of our Consulting Practice, we are currently seeking a Technology Manager, Cognos/TM1 to join our Business Information Systems Practice in Tysons Corner, VA office location. As a part of Baker Tilly, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
In this role you will deliver consulting services involving Financial Consolidations, Budgeting and Forecasting solutions to multiple Baker Tilly clients. The position will require everything from business development & project scoping to solutions architecture, software installation, configuration and development. Baker Tilly works with some of the leading organizations of world to implement successful budgeting and forecasting solutions. D Additional exposure to Business Intelligence and ERP solutions is also likely.
Baker Tilly professionals in our Business Information Systems practice provide experienced system design and implementation, business process re-engineering, user acceptance facilitation, data conversion, go-live support, system integration, 3rd party software integration, training and overall project management services. The goal of our skilled team is to help our clients align their business system technology with their organization’s overall business strategy.
As a member of our team, you will help lead the firm’s efforts in expanding our commercial market presence and provide business process, packaged software and technology consulting offerings to leading companies and organizations throughout the region and across the country. In addition, you will work with a select group of professionals in an entrepreneurial environment to provide Consulting services to include:
- Software Selection, Development, Customization and Implementation
- Diagnostic Review and Assessment
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Reporting and Analytics
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Utilize application expertise, business knowledge, database skills and OLAP skills to successfully delivery financial consolidation and planning solutions to Baker Tilly clients
- Work with our clients to develop an overall solution vision and effectively communicate initiatives within the entire project team
- Work with our clients to design the hierarchal structure of the planning solutions
- Work with our clients to design and create planning input sheets
- Work with our clients to identify new areas within the business where the planning software can be utilized to better drive business results
- Mentor and develop junior level staff resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of six (6) years related experience; previous experience working with external clients; solution development using the Cognos toolsets strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with IBM Cognos TM1 (Applix) tools including IBM Cognos TM1 Web and IBM Cognos TM1 Executive Viewer; Cognos Enterprise Planning; Cognos Business Intelligence tools; financial reporting & analysis; OLAP database/modeling skills
- Minimum of two years experience implementing IBM Cognos TM1Experience implementing Budgeting & Forecasting solutions using Cognos TM1
- Experience implementing Financial Consolidation solutions
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed
- Must be able to travel and work non-traditional hours as need due to client engagements
Back to top