Tax Senior Manager - Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We are seeking a Tax Senior Manager to join our Construction & Real Estate team in Southfield, MI!
t’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various federal tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients
- Positively impact your client by:
- Being a valued tax business advisor, leading client relationships on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational
- Consulting on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, and ASC740
- Researching various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and making recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinating with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Manage client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA required
- Eight (8)+ years’ experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm
- Five (5)+ years’ of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top