Tax Senior Manager
- Tysons Corner, VA
Baker Tilly, one of the nation's fastest growing advisory CPA firms, has an incredible opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join our thriving tax practice in Tysons! This is a great opportunity to utilize your expertise and work with a variety of industries.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are passionate about helping a broad range of clients solve their most complex business challenges. This includes enhancing performance, improving profitability, reducing costs and building connections to grow their business. Clients include Professional Services, Private Equity, Retail, Government Contractors, and Software & Technology .
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together.
- You are a motivated, go-getter that thrives in an environment offering a ton opportunity to build your career now, for tomorrow
- Be a valued tax business advisor, leading client relationships on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational organizations
- Consulting on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate, flow-through, and individual taxation.
- Researching various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and making recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinating with National and Specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, and credits and incentives areas
- Manage client engagement staffing and billings/collections
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or law, or a similar degree in business, masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Eight (8) + years' experience providing tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm
- Five (5) + years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Experience and knowledge of core business processes in Construction & Real Estate organizations preferred
- Highly developed tax software and Microsoft Suite skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top