Tax Senior Manager
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be relevant, dedicate yourself to one industry and become the expert every client desires. Be challenged, experience greater responsibility and learning opportunities earlier in your career. Be someone, don’t be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter – everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Join us as a Tax Senior Manager and begin to make a difference!
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Work you'll do:
- Lead client relationships on day-to-day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from middle market to multinational client engagements
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and implications to owners
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Actively participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with partners and marketing professionals to target and build relationships with client prospects
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives and deliver designated engagement realization through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s Degree, MST, or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA required
- Experience with partnership allocations and long-term contract methods of accounting preferred
- Eight (8) plus years of experience in a professional services firm including two (2) plus year’s supervisory experience
- Significant experience in reviewing flow-thru, multi-state, and individual income tax returns
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Back to top