Tax Senior Associate - Professional Services
- Tysons Corner, VA
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide tax compliance and advocacy services to attorneys representing individuals, partnerships, and S-corporations, for a variety of small to middle market clients.
- Participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business and individual transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the tax team for consideration.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the tax team to provide superior client service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required.
- Master's Degree, MST or other applicable advanced degree a plus.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance or tax advisory services.
- Experience preparing and reviewing individual tax returns and flow through entities.
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Good communication skills
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate positive attitude and high ethical standards
Back to top