Tax Senior Associate - Manufacturing & Distribution
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations, for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for corporate and partnership clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree a plus
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- At least three years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services
- Experience preparing and reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, and multi-state tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top