Tax - Senior Associate - High Net Worth with International Tax
- New York, NY
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
We are looking for a Senior Associate role in our NY High Net Worth Tax Group. Bolstered by the opportunities brought along by tax reform and technology innovation, our dynamic Commercial and High-Net worth Tax Groups are experiencing a vibrant growth. The Senior Associate will coordinate and execute all aspects of tax services to international taxpayers focusing on outbound businesses as well as high-net-worth international families and expatriates, experiencing unique opportunities for professional development.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for expatriated taxpayers and U.S. HNW individuals with substantial foreign assets
- Prepare and review international tax forms (5471, 8621, 8858, 8865, 8938, Sec. 962 elections, etc.) for individuals and multinational businesses
- Work closely with managers in HNW tax groups organizing, monitoring, and ensure timely execution of compliance and consulting engagements
- Assist managers and partners in a variety of tax planning projects. Perform tax research and prepare quality documentation of findings and tax positions
- Progressively assume project management responsibilities for the returns of international taxpayers
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent; MST, JD or availability to pursue it preferred
- CPA, JD or eligibility to sit for CPA exam
- 2-3 years of progressive public accounting experience in the preparation of individual tax returns. HNW/closely held businesses experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of principles of federal taxation (accounting methods, individual, partnership, corporate)
- Prior exposure to international tax forms and principles of U.S. international taxation, including Subpart F income, GILTI, foreign tax credits.
- Proven ability to analyze foreign information sources, understand unusual and/or incomplete data sets, apply judgment in reaching defensible conclusions
- Familiarity with research tools and structure of tax sources (code, regulations, official guidance, etc.)
- Strong interest in developing a career in the international tax arena and assisting a diverse and challenging client base
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Back to top