Tax Senior Associate - Construction/Real Estate
- Tysons Corner, VA
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be someone, don't be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter - everyday. At Baker Tilly, we live our core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
At Baker Tilly, you will find that your specialized experience and technical depth will allow you to quickly contribute to on-going engagements while at the same time, have the opportunity to be challenged by new engagements and advance your technical potential. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Join us as a Senior Tax Accountant in our Construction & Real Estate practice in our Tysons, VA office.
Our Construction & Real Estate Practice serves clients by taking a proactive approach to unique accounting, tax and operational issues throughout the life cycle of a real estate project-from concept development, financing, and structuring to acquisition, construction management, completion, operations, portfolio management and asset disposition.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow.
Join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide exceptional client service
- Supervise and lead staff and interns with guidance and coaching; evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise, comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent required; Master's Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree a plus
- Obtained CPA or meeting the eligibility requirements to take the CPA exam required
- At least two years of tax experience in a public accounting or professional services firm
- Experience preparing and reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
Back to top