Tax Senior Accountant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are currently interviewing Tax Senior Accountants to join our team. As a member of the Pittsburgh business tax unit, the Senior Accountant will work closely with the engagement team to provide proactive solutions.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Work you'll do:
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to corporations, partnerships for a variety of middle market clients including manufacturing, construction, real estate and other commercial entities
- Participate in tax-planning engagements and complex tax research projects for clients; research a wide range of tax issues for a variety of entities and their affiliates with focus on international tax matters
- Respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries; draft well written memorandum and other communications for clients; make recommendations to the tax team for consideration
- Pro-actively build relationships with the client personnel and take active role in the delivery of compliance and consulting projects; communicate effectively with the tax team to provide superior client service
- Assist Managers and Senior Managers in delivering tax training initiatives and in the coordination of tax resources within the firm
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required - MST preferred
- CPA (or substantial progress toward the license) preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services, preparing corporate returns and flow through entities. Experience in tax planning and execution related to buy and sell side and multi-state knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with the US system of tax laws and regulations and tax research tools and resources
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Back to top