Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Implement client’s engagements from start to finish, (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects).
- Manage engagements budgets.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax – related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Possess an understanding of state and foreign tax issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in staff and tax management.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following preferred qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of tax compliance and consulting experience at a public accounting firm
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
- Understanding of state & foreign taxes.
- Industry experience in oil & gas, construction and manufacturing is strongly desired
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and knowledge of tax regulations.
- Prior experience with ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement, CCH, and RIA.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA certification (active) preferred.
Back to top