Tax Preparer Seasonal 2019
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are seeking several Seasonal Tax Preparers to join our team this tax season in Minneapolis, MN!
While prior tax preparation experience is ideal, experience is not necessary. Provided you meet the job qualifications, we’ll teach you what you need to know in order to help successfully prepare client taxes returns. And, your training will be 100% paid! Baker Tilly offers a professional, yet relaxed and fun, work environment. You’ll feel at home quickly and will be supported by tax professionals who are available to help when you have a question. Flexible work hours may be an option, and you’ll have the opportunity to return each tax season!
- Enter client data into tax prep software.
- Prepare tax returns in accordance with firm policies.
- Adhere to the firm’s written tax practice standards and the firm’s 1040 procedure manual.
- Ensure client confidentiality by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- High school diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Individual tax return preparation ideal, but not required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation ideal, but not required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is preferred.
- Adaptable to new technology and ability to work in a paperless environment.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, well-developed problem solving skills, and ability to work independently.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
- Availability to work February 2019 through mid-April 2019.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top