through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Oversee tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, review complex tax research on a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Actively participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with partners and marketing professionals to target and build relationships with client prospects
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives and deliver designated engagement realization through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Demonstrate leadership. initiative, excellent team skills, and high ethical standards
- Twelve (12) plus years of public accounting experience with a focus on Partnerships and S-Corps highly desired
- CPA or JD required, Master's degree desired
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, ability to effectively manage and mentor a staff
- Demonstrates initiative, imagination, resourcefulness, creativeness, and independent thinking
- Ability to develop a practice through business development initiatives
- Superior client service skills
Back to top