Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be relevant, dedicate yourself to one industry and become the expert every client desires. Be challenged, experience greater responsibility and learning opportunities earlier in your career. Be someone, don’t be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter – everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Join us as a Tax Partner and begin to make a difference!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Oversee tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, review complex tax research on a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Actively participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with partners and marketing professionals to target and build relationships with client prospects
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives and deliver designated engagement realization through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Demonstrate leadership. initiative, excellent team skills, and high ethical standards
- Twelve (12) plus years of public accounting experience with a focus on Partnerships and S-Corps highly desired
- CPA or JD required, Master's degree desired
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, ability to effectively manage and mentor a staff
- Demonstrates initiative, imagination, resourcefulness, creativeness, and independent thinking
- Ability to develop a practice through business development initiatives
- Superior client service skills
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top