Tax Manager/Senior Manager - Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a Tax Manager/Senior Manager to join our Construction/Real Estate practice in our Tysons, VA office.
- Communicate with business owners as well as the internal accounting and tax departments of business clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
- Supervise, develop and train staff on tax engagements.
- Interact directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management.
- Manage, direct and oversee engagement team staff on client engagements.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Recommend tax strategies and solutions by being a thought leader understanding client’s business requirements and current market conditions.
- Opportunity to actively participate in firm-wide initiatives, included CPE development, delivery and recruitment.
- Train, coach, and develop staff & senior accountants for advancement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college/university required. Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA and/or JD required
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a professional services firm and (2) plus year’s supervisory experience.
- Professional knowledge in a broad range of real estate tax technical and transactional skills, including proficiency in the taxation of corporations, REITs taxation and qualification, consolidated entities, partnerships, multi-state and individual returns and other flow-through entities.
- Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information and experience managing multiple client engagements simultaneously.
Back to top