Tax Manager - Washington National Tax
- Tysons Corner, VA
This is an internal position in Washington National Tax to provide thought leadership to the Baker Tilly tax practice and clients. This position is ideal for strong technical specialists who want to expand their technical skills, as well as explain, advise and teach other tax professionals the latest in tax regulations and other guidance. Remote work is allowed for this opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You like deciphering federal tax regulations and other guidance and can explain it to others
- You enjoy working with a team of like-minded individuals
- You prefer internal clients instead of external clients
- You like having a predominately steady schedule without the large peaks of busy season
- You are a strong writer
- You enjoy writing, research, teaching and presenting
- Execute technical reviews of pass-through entity and corporate returns
- Research technical issues for and provide transaction advice to engagement teams
- Analyze IRS regulations and related guidance and distill them into internal and external communications
- Develop and present content for internal and external webinars, tax conferences, industry meetings
- Perform technical reviews of industry group articles and presentations
- Inspect client files to ensure adherence to firm policy and for technical correctness
- Write comment letters to IRS on newly issued guidance
- Create toolkits and white papers for engagement teams on specific issues
- Monitor federal legislation and U.S. Supreme Court cases with tax implications/changes in order to provide internal and external insights
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or law, or a similar degree in business, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Five (5)+ years' experience in tax return review and planning for pass-through entities and corporations. This includes strong experience in and exposure to partnership taxation and corporate taxation
- Two (2 )+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates preferred
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Ability to modify their schedule on a daily/weekly basis as tax developments occur
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top