Tax Manager - High Net Worth/Family Office
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking a High Net Worth Tax Manager to join our Manhattan office.
- Provide tax planning and consulting to our firm's high net worth clients for estate, wills and trusts taxation, and individual income taxes. Interact closely with client's other advisors such as attorneys and financial asset managers.
- Research and consult on tax matters, primarily in the federal estate, gift, charitable planning, and generation-skipping tax and individual arenas.
- Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business succession planning and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Pursue new business development. Maintain primary and active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources.
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm.
- Oversee project management, billing and collections for client work.
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- CPA or JD required, Master's Degree in Tax preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of relevant progressive tax consulting and compliance experience, in public accounting or consulting, including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top