Tax - Manager - High Net Worth with International Tax
- Assume client relationships on day-to-day tax matters supporting senior managers and partners
- Plan and manage execution of data collection, analysis, and compliance with regard to tax returns of individuals with foreign reporting requirements, including GILTI computations, Sec. 962 elections, foreign tax credit, Subpart F analysis, PFIC tests
- Perform detailed and topside review of individual and closely held business returns, including review of international information returns and forms (5471, 5472, 1116, GILTI, 1042, 8621, 1120-F, etc.)
- Research and consult on various tax matters, including inbound and outbound taxation, estate and gift taxes, state & local taxes; make recommendations to the clients or partners in charge
- Effectively manage engagements and projects to meet tax filings and internal deadlines
- Develop and expand compliance and planning tools to support tax services to international taxpayers
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Identify training opportunities and participate in the delivery of CPE sessions, especially in the international tax area
- Provide recommendations for business innovation and process improvements relative to the client's operations and objectives as well as the internal processes of the firm
- Proactively participate in practice development by contributing to thought leadership and identifying service opportunities; team with partners on proposals and business development calls
- Contribute to project revenue and profit objectives through effective management of budgeting, project execution, invoicing, and collecting functions
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent; MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA and/or JD required
- 5+ years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax services to high net worth individuals and their closely held businesses, including 1+ year's supervisory experience
- Prior experience with international tax compliance and planning, including Subpart F income, GILTI, foreign tax credits
- Experience reviewing business tax returns is a plus
- Proven ability to analyze foreign information sources, understand unusual and/or incomplete data sets, apply judgment in reaching defensible conclusions
- Strong interest in developing a career working with global taxpayers, assisting a diverse and challenging client base
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Strong tax research and professional writing skills
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We are looking for a Manager role in our NY High Net Worth Tax Group. The Manager will lead various aspects of tax services to individual international taxpayers, focusing on inbound and outbound reporting as well as international investors and high-net-worth families, experiencing unique opportunities for professional development.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top