Tax Manager - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager to join our team in Madison, WI. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide.
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from middle market to multinational client engagements
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and implications to owners
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA required
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing attest services including two (2) plus year’s supervisory experience
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Back to top