Tax Manager - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking an ambitious Tax Manager to join our Construction/Real Estate practice. Our Commercial Services practice serves primarily retail, professional services, and other consumer facing businesses. This Manager will be a part of our growing client service team and will play an integral role in continuing to expand our market presence.
- Proactively build and lead client relationships on day to day tax matters, supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Lead projects utilizing specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international, and credits/incentives area.
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from middle market to multinational client engagements.
- Research and consult on technical matters and special projects.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development.
- Mentor and lead the staff through counsel, guidance, and coaching.
- Continue to grow professionally in selected areas of specialization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent required. Master’s Degree, MST, JD, or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA and/or JD required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in professional tax accounting functions including two (2) plus years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Previous demonstrated success in related position.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top