Tax Manager - Construction & Real Estate
- Minneapolis, MN
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly, the nation's 4 th fastest growing CPA advisory firm, has an incredible opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join our thriving Construction and Real Estate practices in Minneapolis!
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are passionate about helping Construction & Real Estate clients solve their most complex business challenges. This includes enhancing performance, improving profitability, reducing costs and building connections to grow their business. Clients include real estate developers, owners, investors & property managers, heavy/highway, specialty & general contractors and architecture & engineering firms.
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together.
- You are a motivated, go-getter that thrives in an environment offering a ton opportunity to build your career now, for tomorrow , including expanded leadership experiences with a clear path to Partner .
What you'll do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various federal tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients
- Positively impact your client by:
- Being a valued tax business advisor, leading client relationships on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational
- Consulting on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, and ASC740
- Researching various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and making recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinating with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Manage client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Law, or a similar degree in Business, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Five (5)+ years' experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm
- Two (2)+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Quickbooks skills a plus
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top