Tax Manager - Construction / Real Estate
- Tysons Corner, VA
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be someone, don't be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter - everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live our core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
Join us as a Tax Manager in our Construction & Real Estate practice and begin to make a difference in yourself and our clients!
Our Construction & Real Estate Practice serves clients by taking a proactive approach to unique accounting, tax and operational issues throughout the life cycle of a real estate project-from concept development, financing, and structuring to acquisition, construction management, completion, operations, portfolio management and asset disposition. Our teams represent a cross-section of industry professionals as well as specialists who are experienced in working with developers, owners, and investors. You will be on the front line of value protection and enhancement. Through the audit experience you will learn how developers and private equity groups run the deals, and have vision into how to be successful in the real estate industry. You will work with real estate owners and developers from across the entire U.S. Our clients call on us to do far more than just taxes, you will be part of that value enhancement.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow.
Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Communicate with business owners as well as the internal accounting and tax departments of business clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
- Supervise, develop and train staff on tax engagements.
- Interact directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management.
- Manage, direct and oversee engagement team staff on client engagements.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Recommend tax strategies and solutions by being a thought leader understanding client's business requirements and current market conditions.
- Opportunity to actively participate in firm-wide initiatives, included CPE development, delivery and recruitment.
- Train, coach, and develop staff & senior accountants for advancement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college/university required. Master's Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA required
- Five (5) plus years of experience working in tax compliance and tax consulting in public accounting, or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48, including Real Estate.
- Successful candidates will possess the ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex financial information and experience managing multiple client engagements simultaneously.
Back to top