Tax Manager - Asset Management
- Milwaukee, WI
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Join Baker Tilly (BT) as a Tax Manager - Asset Management in our Milwaukee office! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused tax advisory and compliance services to middle market clients. . You will work side-by-side with firm leadership to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm's success. Additionally, you will be a mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills. If you are invigorated by these exciting challenges, then this could be the right opportunity for you! As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You'll enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in the Financial Services industry, continuing to expand your expertise and help Asset Management clients thrive
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex tax and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to contribute to your engagement team's professional growth and develop your own leadership skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
What you will do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients:
- Be a valued business advisor, focusing on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of flow through and corporate taxation, and implications to owners
- Manage and supervise the preparation of hedge fund investment partnership, private equity partnership and management company partner tax allocations and K-1 information
- Research various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and provide tax planning recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development, credits and incentives, accounting methods and tax controversy areas
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or law, or a similar degree in business, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Five (5) + years' experience providing tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm, with experience in flow through entities (including hedge funds) and Asset Management companies
- Two (2 )+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
Back to top