Tax Lead - Asset Management
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Due to a growth of our Asset Management Practice into new markets and service areas, Baker Tilly is hiring a Tax Partner to lead our New York practice.
The Financial Services Team at Baker Tilly serves the accounting, tax and advisory needs of brokerages, registered investment advisors, mutual funds and alternative investment funds including private equity and hedge funds. For asset management entities balancing regulatory requirements with profitable growth, Baker Tilly provides the right mix of national resources, in-person service, specializes expertise and competitive rates. Our practice provides a wide array of tax, assurance, consulting and risk services to more than 300 alternative investment institutions.
- Provides input to the income tax service line policies, procedures and service methodologies and ensures that they are followed.
- Participates in the recruiting process for the firm as assigned.
- Mentors and manages assigned staff, assisting them with goal setting, reviewing and discussing career path adjustments, and establishing and enforcing accountability mechanisms.
- Delivers assigned counselees’ performance reviews.
- Identifies future leaders for training and mentoring, continually working to transition his or her duties for succession planning purposes.
- Participates with other asset management sector leaders in developing tax service market positioning and branding, strategy, messaging and annual marketing plan.
- Partakes in client and prospect communications, lead generation and branding activities for firm.
- Represents the firm at key community events, firm functions and other meetings.
- Attends proposal meetings as frequently as possible in assisting in the close and onboarding process.
- Analyze problems, designs and implements solutions that accomplish the clients’ objectives and ensure compliance.
- Establish budgets for time spent in each tax engagement he or she is responsible for and then directs the project staff to meet the budgets and expectations.
- Supervises staff assigned to projects to insure that schedules, budgets and quality requirements are met.
- Serves as a mentor and advisor to partners and managers during various phases of client relationships and technical matters.
- Nurtures long term relationships with clients – develops a partnership with the client to identify issues, trends and identify innovative solutions/ideas.
- Oversee the development of asset management tax-related thought leadership and learning and development materials.
Technical / Specific Discipline Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of taxation laws with specialized Flow-Thru entities, S-Corporations and Partnerships.
- Deep expertise with private equity funds, hedge funds and management operating companies.
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
- Deep understanding of on-shore / off-shore tax structuring.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation.
- Active CPA license.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven understanding, comprehension and ability to articulate various business processes.
- Strong leadership, communication, project management and team building skills.
- Trust and confidence of the partner group and staff.
- Proven business development, marketing and sales acumen.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning.
Back to top