Tax Accountant - Construction/Real Estate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are currently seeking a Tax Accountant - Construction/Real Estate to join our Construction/Real Estate team in our Milwaukee office. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the experiences and resources of over 250 professionals dedicated to providing services to more than 2,400 Construction and Real Estate clients firm wide.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses.
- Participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree, MST or other applicable advanced degree a plus.
- CPA preferred
- One (1) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services.
- Experience preparing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns.
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
Back to top