Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory CPA firm, providing clients with a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 38,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.3 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Seize the opportunity to jumpstart your career at Baker Tilly! In this role, you'll have the chance to work directly within the Construction and Real Estate industries, while providing services to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). You will go beyond traditional audit and advisory services by ensuring quality compliance and conduct investigation for one of the most effective and largest transportation systems in the nation.
In this position, you'll earn excellent experience, while maintaining a strong work-life balance working Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Though this position requires the auditor to launch their career in Springfield, it includes great opportunity for a candidate who exhibits strong performance to relocate to our Madison office to continue their career within the firm's niche specialty of contract auditing. Among nationwide CPA firms, Baker Tilly is valued as a trusted business advisor and one of the three top providers of single audits under Uniform Guidance. Begin your career with a firm that has a proven track record of leading expertise in the area!
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance and consulting services to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Positively impact your clients financial statements and business operations through:
- Proactively engaging with your client throughout the year to gather needed information to complete Single Audit testing, responding to questions raised and following up appropriately.
- Performing substantive testing as needed.
- Testing for deficiencies of internal controls and discussing recommendations for improvement.
- Reviewing and analyzing various costs associated with billing to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, investigating discrepancies and elevating as appropriate.
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs.
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Associates Degree in Accounting with 1-3 years of accounting experience or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 120 credits minimum; 150 credits preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative and adaptability.
- Highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- There is currently no immigration sponsorship available for this position.
For California, Colorado, New York and Washington: The compensation range for this role is $15.50 to $29.25. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.