Summer 2021 Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Intern
- Milwaukee, WI
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Due to the continued growth of our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice (RIAC), we are currently interviewing for an Intern to join us in June of 2021.
Our RIAC practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors and Certified Fraud Examiners who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet our client's needs and to offer them unique solutions. Our team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, higher education, financial services, healthcare, professional services and other businesses.
As an Intern in our RIAC practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings to include:
- Operational Internal Audit
- Financial Internal Audit
- Information Technology Audit
- Internal Controls Identification, Documentation and Testing
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Support
- General hands on GAAP support
- Fraud Investigations
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Data Analytics
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As a member of the RIAC Internship Program you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and execute meaningful work engagements that have an impact on the business
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Learn directly from mentors and additional Baker Tilly employees through a series of networking activities and an open work environment
- Participate in our week-long developmental intern orientation designed to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to client engagements
- Impact the surrounding community through volunteering events
- Contribute to an experiential learning project with groups of other interns
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2020/2021 school year in an Accounting or Finance related degree
- Outstanding academic performance with a minimum overall GPA of a 3.2 required with at least a 3.5 GPA preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship during the intern program and as a full-time employee
Back to top